Purchased by the South Eastern Area Fire Brigade in 1953 this Dennis F8 pump was stationed at Leith Fire Station in Junction Place and then at Peebles before being disposed of around 1973.
Over 150 of these appliances were built at the Dennis Brothers premises at Guildford. The six ton vehicle is powered by a six cylinder Rolls Royce B60 petrol engine with a power output of 175 bhp. It has a 4 speed manual gearbox and a Dennis No. 2 water pump with an output of 500 gpm at 100 psi, a single hosereel on the rear with 180 feet of hose, a 35’ Ajax ladder and a 200 gallon water tank.
The vehicle lay outside at Galashiels for a number of years.
This vehicle was acquired by The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service Heritage Trust in September 2009 and as of August 2013, is back “On The Run”.
© Scottish Fire Brigades Heritage Trust
Registered Scottish Charity (SC043929)