This vehicle was purchased by South Eastern Area Fire Brigade in 1953. This Dennis F8 pump was initialy stationed at Leith Fire Station in Junction Place and then at Peebles before being disposed of around 1973.
Over 150 of these appliances were built at the Dennis Brothers premises at Guildford in Surrey
The six ton vehicle is powered by a six cylinder Rolls Royce B60 petrol engine with a power output of 175 bhp
It has a 4 speed manual gearbox and a Dennis No.2 water pump with an output of 500 gpm at 100 psi, a single hosereel on the rear with 180 feet of hose, a 35’ Ajax ladder and a 200 gallon water tank
A Coventry Climax/Godiva lightweight portable pump is also carried. This has an output of 350 GPM (1575 l/m). This pump is known popularly as the Featherweight Pump (it took four men just to lift it!)
© Scottish Fire Brigades Heritage Trust
Registered Scottish Charity (SC043929)